Short machine description and standard equipment
Metal band saw EXTEND 700.520 is a powerful hydraulic semiautomatic machine of two-column construction designed for series and highly productive cutting of material under 90° angle. Low-vibration saw cuts mean precision and long life. Polymer concrete offers the ideal damping characteristics for use in saw machines. On all Extend machines, the support, saw frames and columns are filled with a specially developed polymer concrete mixture. Coupled with pre-stressed, play-free, generously dimensioned linear guides, polymer concrete technology provides virtually vibration-free saw cuts with high cutting performance far above 100 cm2 per minute with M42 bimetal saw bands.
The ideal slope setting of the saw frame to the horizontal clamping surface depends on the shape of the material, and on the designated sawing process. The Extend series’ machine design allows this parameter to be set individually.
Machine allows to clamp and cut bundles of material with hydraulic bundle clamping device (see optional accessories) also. The machine is by default equipped with automatic cutting pressure regulation that together with 41 mm saw band ensures exact and straight cut. Frame diving into the cut is performed by linear roller bearing. The machine enables cuts of short scrap length. Peripheral speed of the saw band is regulated from the control panel by frequency converter in the range of 15-90 m/min.
- Two-column construction.
- The frame is a steel weldment.
- Hydraulic full-stroke clamping vice
- Ergonomic design of machine, easy to operate, working bench height 786 mm
- Stepless adjustable saw blade speed 15-90 m/min with digital read out
- Stepless adjustable cutting feed and cutting pressure
- Automatic down-feed pressure control on the sawing blade
- Automatic pressure adaption according to material form
- Highly precise blade guides via carbide plates
- Slope setting 2° of the saw frame to the horizontal clamping surface
- Strong and reliable main drive motor with 4 kW power
- Information regarding the state and process of semiautomatic cycle are shown on the LCD display as dialogues.
- Automatic machine’s shut-down if the saw-blade breaks or slackens
- State of the art controller with plaintext dialogue and membrane keyboard
- Comprehensive coolant system in the machine’s base
- Wide optional accessories for the machine
- Positioned freely users panel
Technical machine description
- Machine base The saw is constructed on a robust base in a height convenient for easy material handling. The base is filled with polymer concrete that together with machine’s construction supports absorption of vibrations and smooth running of the machine.
- Sawing head Saw frame is a steel weldment filled with polymer concrete and serves for exact guiding of saw band, its longer operating life and effective absorption of vibrations. Slope setting 2° of the saw frame to the horizontal clamping surface is a standard recommended for universal use of the saw machine, an ideal compromise between the 0° and 6° slopes. 6° slope we use in case, when profiles and carriers are separated, the cutting channel in the horizontal area of the material is held for a very short time. It is thus possible to use a finer saw band, and this considerably improves the cutting feed and precision. 0° slope we use for processing solid material and as a standard when using sliding tables with swivelling saw band guides for horizontal cuts.
- Sawing head guiding Frame is embedded on two robust columns in rolling linear guiding. Columns are tightly connected both on the top and on the bottom. Vertical frame movement is performed by two hydraulic stroke cylinders. Two columns are filled with polymer concrete for better absorption of vibrations and smooth running of the machine.
- Material clamping Material can be clamped by means of the full-stroke hydraulic clamping vice with possibility of vice pressure regulation as an optional accessory. The optional hydraulic bundle clamping device can be installed on the vice.
- Saw band tensioning The saw band tensioning is carried out hydraulically. A limit switch on the frame monitors the saw band defects, e. g. rupture, and immediately switches off the saw band drive in case of a defect. Saw band tension is shown on a hydraulic manometer.
- Saw band guideway The saw band is put on the moving wheels and in the place of cut directed by means of the guiding cubes. The professional tree-sided hard-metal guideway of the saw band guarantees high cut accuracy and long lifetime of the saw band. The left movable cube of the saw band guideway, embedded in the holder on the prismatic guideway, is automatically adjustable depending on width of the cut material.
- Saw band drive The saw band drive is performed by a powerful 4 kW electric engine and massive worm gearbox with possibility of speed change via frequency converter in the range of 15- 90 m/min. The display showing band speed is located on the control panel.
- Saw band cleaning Saw band cleaning is being performed by a chip brush securing smooth withdrawal of chips from the saw band, thus preventing chip penetration into the machine frame space and between the saw band and the wheels.
- Cooling The cooling equipment is a standard part of the machine. Cooling emulsion supply can be regulated by taps. The cooling emulsion is pumped directly from the machine base, where a 80 litres reservoir is installed. The saw band can also be equipped with an optional Microniser spraying oil onto the saw band, thus preventing leakage of the cooling emulsion outside of the band saw.
- Head down-feed into the cut Adjustment of head down-feed into the cut is controlled by a hydraulic throttle valve located directly on the control panel of the machine.
- Automatic cutting pressure regulation The cutting pressure regulation cube provides for a change of the sawing head down feed speed into the cut in dependence on shape and type of the material to be cut. Material’s resistance is transferred by means of a regulation’s needle in the regulation cube fixed on the guiding cube. The regulation cube adapts the down-feed speed without any intervention by the operator. Its design provides for very accurate speed changes in dependence on immediate cutting conditions of the given material to be cut. Automatic regulation is adjustable in dependence on material.
- Control element and controller All control elements are placed on the standalone control panel. Control of the machine has an user’s friendly structure and allows to new operators fast access thanks to text display and interactive system.
- Insert and align the material
- Adjust the saw frame to the necessary height
- Adjust the sensibility of the cutting pressure regulation
- Start the semiautomatic cycle by pressing the START-button
- Adjust the saw blade speed and/or readjust it
- The material is cut through and the saw frame moves up to the adjusted position
- Main drive stops and the vice opens
There are several possibilities for higher automation at the bandsaw EXTEND 700.520.
Powered conveyors with a NC-controlled measuring unit and a automatic feed reduction as well as stop solution, allow nearly fully automatic cutting even at longer length.
In combination with a feeding system it is possible to upgrade the machine to a fully automatic sawing line, exactly made to the need of the customers.
||700 x 520
||700 x 520
|Minimal vice opening
|Working bench height
|Saw blade dimension
|Main drive power
|Saw blade speed
- Tenzomat – blade tension meter is device for adjustment of the correct blade tension. By help of this is very easy to set tension to recommended values by the help of analogue indicator. That prolongs blade lifetime and enables higher speed and better quality of the cut. Tenzomat is supplied in a wooden box.
- Micronize – mist lubrication is device that creates oil greasing mist with very precise dosing of oil and air mixture. This mixture is applied directly on the blade by nozzles and makes greasing and cooling down. Advantage is that this prevent outflow of the coolant water out from the cutting space of the machines, mainly during profile material cutting. Also very suitable for materials where is not possible any contact with standard water coolant. Usage of Micronizer is full-value kind of cooling and greasing.
- Third coolant inflow used for big sized material, where position of the guiding cubes is too wide and consequently is not possible proper greasing and cooling on the whole cut duration. Third, easily aiming and adjustable coolant supply with a nozzle ensure sufficient greasing and cooling of the blade directly in the middle of the cutting material.
- Halogen light In case of insufficient lighting of the working space is possible to use this adjustable white additioinal light. This makes possible easier material manipulation, setting or checking of the cut quality.
- Laser Liner – laser measuring indicator Laser indicator copying exactly the blade position on the material and showing future cut for easy setting of the material length without usage of any length stop. Also very useful for mitre cuts.
- Pistol for machine cleaning Powerful rinsing pistol with long input hose makes possible easy cleaining of the machine after finish of the working time. Even the most inaccessible places of the machine could be easily cleaned.
- Hydraulic bundle clamping device Necessary equipment for cutting in bundles. Additional top pressure jaw is mounted on main vice jaws and makes possible proper fixing of more then one piece of material – prevents material spontaneous movement up. Fixing and positioning of the top pressure is hydraulic and is done together with main vice maniupulation.
- Swarf remover Certain types of our machines could be equipped with swarf remover. This device is very useful for bigger diameters of full material cutted on both automatic and semi-automatic machines. Advantage is removing of swarfs from the cutting place and their concentration in a box. It makes possible subsequent ecological processing of the waste.
- Vice pressure regulation In some cases like thin-wall material cutting, non-standard shaped material or full material of big diameter, is necessary to change the pressure of fixing vice. This device enables to choose optimal fixing pressure so there is no danger of material or vice damage.
- Arm upstroke adjustment from the control panel For better operator convenience is possible to equip the machine with arm upstroke adjustment directly from the control panel. By this is unused movement of the arm shorten to minimum and at the series production substantially change cutting time.
- Version with 54 mm blade At the certain types of machines could be done change that makes possible to use taller blade then standard. Blade size is important for cut quality, speed and lifetime of the blade and guiding elements.
- Version with 5,5 kW drive At the certain types of machines could be done change that makes possible to use stronger blade drive. This is advantage for difficult types of material without necessity to choose higher type of the machine.
- Additional vice For the material where is necessary to fix material in front and behind the cut should be machine equipped with additional vice. By that is prevented any blade closing and stuck in the material, and also danger of blade damage during finishing the cut.